What Do You See in Rural Texas Water?
The Texas Rural Water Foundation(TRWF) and Texas Rural Water Association(TRWA) are proud to support the utilities that provide rural Texas’ drinking water and wastewater services. Our unique programs address utilities’ widespread needs, from training to program development to funding assistance and emergency response. As part of our continuous efforts to shine a spotlight on the past, present and future of rural water, we need your help.
Ask yourself: what do you see when you look at the utility responsible for your drinking water and/or wastewater treatment? Who are the people working to provide these services to rural Texas, and how do they do it? Do you have any historical images representing how far we have come from the days of hand pumps and buckets?
PH2OTOSTREAM Photo Contest
We are proud to announce the second annual PH2OTOSTREAM photo will be accepting entries between November 1, 2016 and January 15, 2017! PH2OTOSTREAM is our response to a need for images from, and for, rural Texas—a way to share the contributions of rural Texas water and wastewater systems with the greater public. This photography contest will provide both TRWF and TRWA with images to use freely throughout all communications and promotions.
- Rural Texas Water: A general category for images representing the rural water and wastewater utility industry
- Water Infrastructure: Images of the technology that drives water utilities
- Utility Operators in Action:Images depicting utility personnel working in the field
- Rural Water History: Images that provide a pictorial history of rural water. If you have images of your system’s groundbreaking, your original board, historically significant artifacts, etc., we encourage you to scan your images and send them in!
Contestants agree to release their photographs for use by TRWF/TRWA, and the winning contestants in each category will receive prizes.
Use of entered photos
All entered photos may be featured on training and program materials, website and social media of both TRWF and TRWA.
Each category winner will receive a cash prize and be spotlighted in Quench, TRWA’s magazine.
- The Grand Prize winner will be selected from the category winners, and in addition to their cash prize will receive a matted and framed print of their photo.
- A category winner in each of the four categories will receive $50.
- Finalists will receive a letter of recognition
*Please note: Contestants are encouraged to submit in all four categories; however, only one first place prize will be granted to each entrant.
Eligibility and other considerations
- All photos must be taken in Texas.
- Contestants may enter multiple submissions in and across categories; however, they will be eligible to win only one first place prize.
Releases and entry forms may be found here.